Ozone R1 V3
ACCESSIBLE PERFORMANCE IS TRUE PERFORMANCE
- Race specific kite
- Ultimate performance freeride foil
- State of the art technology
- Advanced riders only
7 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 21
OUR UNDERSTANDING OF TRUE RACE PERFORMANCE IS NOT ONLY RAW POWER AND SPEED – IT IS THE COMBINATION OF EVERY ASPECT OF A KITES CHARACTERISTICS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW EASY IT IS TO ACCESS ITS FULL POTENTIAL.
The R1 V3 design is derived from the incredibly successful R1 V2. The race winning performance of the R1 V2 is very easy to tap into, which made it the benchmark kite in the racing scene.
We have refined the design for the V3, taking it to the next level without compromising accessibility to the R1s supercharged performance.
- Better angles up and down wind
- Higher top end and lower bottom end range
- Responsive handling
- Increased stability in light wind conditions
- Quicker inflation
All sizes of R1 V3 are IKA registered.
Range of Use Ozone R1 V3
Wind range is indicative only based on an average rider weight of 80kg. Actual range will vary based on rider skill level, type of board used and line length. The R1 V3 was designed and tested with lines ranging from 11m to 25m. Bar sizes and line lengths listed are our standard recommendation. We recommend advanced riders use shorter lines (11m to 21m) when racing.
- The R1 V3 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on the control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports – they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. Bridle Lines that are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. If the Speed System lines are not worn, but are not to factory specifications (+ or – 15mm) you must adjust back to factory spec. You must watch the How To video before adjusting or replacing Speed System lines.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction
World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed With OZ-CAD
The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- High Performance Ultra Light Materials
The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases – the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
- High Cell Count
A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed and de-power for increased overall performance.
- L.E Profile Reinforcements
The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- Optimised Leading Edge Air Intakes
Precisely positioned intake valves along the Leading Edge lead to a stability increase at all angles of attack. The inflation is easy and safe as the kite rapidly inflates.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps
Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the high aspect ratio, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- High Performance Bridle Lines
High performance Kevlar bridle lines are a key component to the R1’s outstanding performance. Kevlar has unbeaten stretch and shrinkage characteristics keeping your kite at the highest performance trim.
- Pro-Tune Speed System
The Pro-Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim. Durable line materials reduce wear and tear on the pulley lines, with increased resistance to stretch or shrinkage for a longer life span. The Speed System is a Double-Pulley layout using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys. NOTE: You must watch the How To video before adjusting your Speed System settings.
- Water Drainage Channels
An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Waterproof deflation zipper
Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry
We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- Fool proof line connectors
Fool proof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Two storage bag options
Two storage bag options – the Backpack and Closed Cell Compressor bag. Choose the Backpack for a quick and easy pack down. Choose the Closed Cell Compressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batten profile shape. The Compressor bag is also lighter with internal compression straps keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag.
OzoneMENA.com is the leading authorized dealer for the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian Subcontinent.
Shop online for all Ozone Land, Water and Snow Kites. Buy Kites, Control Systems, Kiteboards, Accessories and Spare Parts. Our range includes high performance foil kites such as the Hyperlink, Chrono and R1; trainer kites such as the Ignition and UNO, as well as wide range of inflatable leading edge kites such as the Alpha, Catalyst, Reo, Zephyr, Enduro, REO, AMP, and Edge. We also ship kite bars,lines, spare parts such as bladders and accessories.
Free shipping on all Ozone products in the following countries Algeria, Bahrain, Iran, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar,Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and India. Get in touch with us (ozonemena.com )